market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] greenhouses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] greenhouses
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:02:52 -0600

Well...this is a big country, and shipping has to be a consideration, so
first, I'd look for greenhouses in New England if I were you. And,
since you will definitely have snow load considerations, a gothic shape
is very important as is a 4 foot spacing between bows rather than the 6
foot we use farther south. We like Atlas, but they are in Georgia, and
that's a long ways from Vermont!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm