market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] agribon 15

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT alltel.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] agribon 15
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 13:31:17 -0400

I'm new to this list and at first didn't know what Agribon 15 was. So I looked it up. Row covers. You learn something new every day ;-p I've been considering them for next year's crop since I'll finally have garden areas that allow me to plant in long, long single-file rows.

btw, is 15 the grade/thickness that most recommend?
Does it need to be propped up, like with hoops, to be put over cole crops or squashes, or can it lie directly on the ground and then the plants as they come up?
Do most people leave them on ALL season, or just until the plants are well established and could probably fend off insects on their own?

And most importantly, if used for say 2-3 months in the Spring, how many seasons can you get out of them?

Thank you :-)
Bobbett
Certified Naturally Grown
Liberty, KY