market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] agribon 15

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] agribon 15
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 09:33:30 -0400

On Thu, 8 May 2008 14:05:16 -0500, you wrote:

>Is the nylon net product something sold in the fabric department? I know
>that for small quantities of row cover fabric departments sell a product
>called innerfacing that is very similar.

Yes, it's sold in fabric departments. It's the stuff bride's veils are
made out of - you can probably picture it by thinking of it that way. It's
full of holes, in other words.

It will not keep beet leaf miners off chard, for example. But the holes
are small enough that it does keep out cabbage butterflies and moths. If
I'm careful not to tear it, I can use it for a couple of seasons.

Interfacing *is* very similar to row cover: the first time I bought row
cover, I realized the similarity. They're both non-woven. I don't know
how they are put together, but it isn't a process of weaving. But the
nylon net isn't anything like them.

Pat
--
Northern Pennsylvania