market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] agribon 15

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] agribon 15
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 14:55:04 -0400

On Thu, 8 May 2008 13:19:44 -0500, you wrote:

>I had negative experiences with it on cole crops but perhaps the lightest
>grade would work okay without hoops.

I use nylon net on cole crops - over hoops. It's fairly cheap at places
like Wal-Mart. The holes in the net are large enough to keep out cabbage
butterflies and moths, but it's very light, obviously, and doesn't exclude
any sunshine or rain.

This is no doubt not practical for large fields of the cole crops - I can
just see someone going into a fabric store and asking for enough nylon net
to cover a 5-acre field. :)

But it certainly works well for small quantities.

Pat
--
Northern Pennsylvania

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY