market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Why do it

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Why do it
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:42:39 -0700 (PDT)

> I've been following this list for quite some time and it seems as though
> most people just do this for fun, to get their hands dirty. It seems like
> the toughest part of Market-Farming is not the farming part but the
> Marketing part. Why is it that is seems most people are lucky to break
> even? Why can't you make a decent living supplying the growing organic
> market? I don't understand what the main difficulty is. Marketing?
>

> Don't call it *fun*, please. That's insulting to me and probably to a
> whole bunch of other listmembers.
>
> Doing it just for fun...sigh...Sure there are times when it's all
actually working out and the sun on your face is delicious and life is a
true joy. But the reality is It's an enormous amount of work that
requires two opposite kinds of personalities to pull off well...a grower
and a marketer. Lucky for me, I'm a Gemini. Sora at
Paradise Valley Organics zone 5
counting the days to cast removal
what can I say, if you think is fun try it with one hand.