market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Backpack sprayers
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:44:02 -0400

On Mar 27, 2008, at 10:25 AM, John Hendrickson wrote:

Does anyone on the list have experience using backpack sprayers? Solo
seems to be the most widely used and available brand. Are there
others? Is the Solo model with the electric pump worth the extra money
over the hand pump model? Thanks.

I have a couple of hand pump Solos, have had them for years, and am pleased with them. I haven't used an electric pump model, however, or all the other brands; so can't give you any advice on comparisons.

Whatever you get, I recommend getting a hip belt for it. (This might be extra for the current Solo models, I'm not sure; but they do make one.) They're much more comfortable to wear that way.