market-farming - [Market-farming] Salt build-up in hoophouse soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Greg York" <gyork AT sdtc.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Salt build-up in hoophouse soil
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:21:01 -0500

Has anyone on the list had problems with excessive salt build up in
organically managed hoophouse soils? We have been growing in our four
hoophouses for three years, and are seeing very high sodium ppm in our
soil analyses for each house this year. The only amendment we have
added is compost over the three years. Any suggestions on how to
address this from your experience? Thanks.

Greg
Thanksgiving Farm
Zone 5b, NY

Confidentiality Notice

This email and the information contained herein and attachments hereto are
privileged and confidential information and may include Personal Health
Information and are intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any forwarding, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email and/or its attachments, or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents thereof, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
email or telephone, delete the email and any attachments and destroy any
tangible manifestation thereof. Thank you.