market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Salt build-up in hoophouse soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Upson, Steve" <sdupson AT noble.org>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Salt build-up in hoophouse soil
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:08:39 -0600

Greg, the attached article should help:
http://www.noble.org/Ag/Horticulture/Salinity/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Greg York
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 7:21 AM
To: Market Farming
Subject: [Market-farming] Salt build-up in hoophouse soil

Has anyone on the list had problems with excessive salt build up in
organically managed hoophouse soils? We have been growing in our four
hoophouses for three years, and are seeing very high sodium ppm in our
soil analyses for each house this year. The only amendment we have
added is compost over the three years. Any suggestions on how to
address this from your experience? Thanks.

Greg
Thanksgiving Farm
Zone 5b, NY

Confidentiality Notice

This email and the information contained herein and attachments hereto
are privileged and confidential information and may include Personal
Health Information and are intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any forwarding, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email and/or its attachments, or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents thereof, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return email or telephone, delete the email and
any attachments and destroy any tangible manifestation thereof. Thank
you.