market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The affect of economics on farmers markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <strawbry_wine AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The affect of economics on farmers markets
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:03:03 -0800 (PST)

We couldn't have picked a worst time to get back into growing to sell, but we feel at the very least, we'll be able to feed ourselves, family and neighbors.  But so far, even today, we've got markets contacting us to come onboard, more markets than we can reasonably expect to supply.

The demand now for local, nutritious food may offset the economic down turn somewhat, for us anyway.

Liz Pike
Morning Star Garden.com
Hillsville VA