market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:52:08 -0400

Hi Molly,
Tho i am now on a farm in Kentucky, i moved from that area 8 years
ago - and lived there many decades.
Sacramento is close by - and has wonderful markets. i would suggest the
sunday morn market under the freeways by W Street. it is big and was
fabulous in it's diversity: produce, heirloom produce, seafood, asian
vegies, breads, eggs, plants,
mushrooms,honey, cheeses, flowers, everything we could want was there.
It is only about 20 minutes away from Davis at most - not bad. Sacrmanto
has seasonal farmer's markets quite a few days of the week in different
locales - the W St was the biggest by far - during our time there.
Here is a link to what goes on our there now"

http://www.seasonalchef.com/nocallist.htm#SACRAMENTO%20VALLEY

Hope this helps,
Toni in E KY.