market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Petersons family <petersns AT whidbey.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:33:35 -0700

Our daughter, who grew up on our organic vegetable farm in Washington state has just moved to California - UC Davis. She was surprised that the produce in farmer's markets was not what she was used to, but more like what's found in supermarkets everywhere. For example, the cucumber she eagerly bought turned out to be tough skinned and tasteless.
Are there any market farmers who grow for eating quality in the Davis area on this list? She'd sure like to find you at the Saturday or Wednesday market.
Molly Petersons
Molly's Island Garden
Whidbey Island, Washington