market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] quality produce in California?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:18:40 -0400

If your daughter has some time - and a way to get around - she can enjoy many local farms around Davis, Sacramento, and the lovely Capay Valley.  I hope this extensive list will help!
Toni in KY

Here are some that i remember:

Capay Organic-

Eatwell Farm - Dixon, delivers to Davis

Yolo County (where Davis is located):
  • Avellar Farm, Winters: Lease a specific tree for one year and receive approximately 5-6 lbs at harvest. Includes monthly updates and pictures.
    Hours: 8 am to 4 pm everyday. Call for appointment
  • Eatwell Farms, Winters (pick up baskets in Davis, CA at 2 locations)
    "We offer a four basket trial for $76, a bakers dozen(13 baskets) for $228 and 26 baskets for $456. You can choose to recieve your basket every week or every other week, the choice is up to you."

    Lavender Farm
  • Foss's Roost, Dixon
    We welcome visitors to tour the farm and subscribe to our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).
  • Impossible Acres, Davis: U-pick berries, apples, peaches, apricots, cherries, pumpkins, gourds, and ornamental corn; petting zoo and school tours
    Hours: May-October 9am-6pm, call ahead
  • Jacob Mini Farm, Davis: U-pick christmas trees, pumpkins pecans. Farm stand - oranges, persimmons, walnuts, mistletoe, pecans, evergreen boughs.
    Hours: Oct. 10-31 M- F, 2-5 S - S; Dec 1-23 9-5, all other times by appt.
  • Manas Ranch, Esparto: In-season fruits and vegetables-Apricots, cherries, peaches, jams, jellies, grainfed beef and local jerky
    Hours: Mid-May through Christmas
  • Pacific Star Gardens, Woodland: Fruit, Melons, Mixed Vegetables, Pumpkins, Strawberries, Tomatoes (fresh market), Transplants, Watermelon
    Owner/manager Robert E. Ramming P.O. Box 1921, Woodland CA 95776
    Phone: 530-666-7308
    Email:ramfam AT pacbell.net
    Sales Method: U-Pick
  • Pampered Produce, Davis: Mandarins
    Owner/Manager: Raoul Adamchak, 26951 County Rd. 96, Davis CA 95616
    Phone: 530-753-8003
    Email:rwadamchak AT ucdavis.edu
    Sales Method: csa