market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Post Hole Augers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Post Hole Augers
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:10:17 -0500

I've had those gas powered augers before. Even had one that had a stand with a crank to lower the auger down so it could be easily done with one person. To me, they're just toys. If you run into the slightest hard spot, they won't go any further and you have to get your iron bar out and dig through it. If you put an auger on that will dig a good sized diameter, anything over 4 inches, they just can't handle it. IMHO, you can't beat a pto driven auger. For just a few holes at 2 1/2 feet deep, an old fashion post hole digger is just fine. There are some out there that'll go deeper, but they're a little hard to find.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Balliett" <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>