market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Keeping greens cool

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue Oberle <sue AT oberlebotanical.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Keeping greens cool
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:18:18 -0600

Shelly,

Same heat here in Fort Collins. Try laying a towel over the ice packs. Works like a charm for me.
Sue
Sue Oberle
OBERLE BOTANICAL
Fort Collins, Colorado
970.581.5672
sue at oberlebotanical dot com
http://www.oberlebotanical.com

Shelly Elliott wrote:
Argh! I am taking a break from laying plastic mulch by hand in 25mph winds
and I remembered that I needed to pick ya'lls brains for some market
expertise. I have been having problems with burning my greens with my ice
packs in the cooler. Any bags that touch the ice packs have black slimy
lettuce in the bottom and cannot be sold. What is a good solution for this?
We have had extremely hot weather this season and ice will be a must. Thanks
in advance for your advice. Going back to the dirt in my eye, cactus in my
knee, fun job of hand laying plastic mulch (250' so far). Remind me again of
why I don't want a tractor?????
Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm
Carpenter, WY