market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blue Lake Pole Beens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <Allan AT freshandlocalcsa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blue Lake Pole Beens
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:23:48 -0400

Marlin - Nice blog! Just the same, I'm confused about how you do your trellis. I guess what's got me is 'how do you keep the high tensile wire high on the posts while it takes the 45 degree angle down to the anchor?' I take it that you are using those simple t-post wire wire holders. From you instructions I understand that you do not apply them until AFTER you have attached the ends. Can you help me here? Also, your beans + wind are never enough to pull the top wire down? And, oh, yes, what guage IS that high-tensile wire? thanks -Allan

I think I may have posted this in the past. I like to get seven foot steel
T-posts and place those about 20 feet apart in the row. Lean the end posts
out from the row about 20-30 degrees and about 6 feet behind that put down
either a ground anchor or a broken off T-post driven deeply into the ground
at a 45 degree angle. Stretch a high tensile wire along the tops of the
posts as high as you can get it. Fasten at the ends to the ground anchor or
to the 45 degree anchor post at ground level. Leaning out the end posts
facilitates the wire making the nearly 45 degree angle bend as it descends
to the ground anchor.