market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Blue Lake Pole Beens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Christine & Marlin" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Blue Lake Pole Beens
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:37:50 -0400

-----Original Message-----
I posted this message yesterday about my method of trellising pole beans.  I just finished posting a picture on my blog, http://gleneco.blogspot.com ,of this trellising system.  I've also been working a lot recently to improve the appearance of the blog itself. Finally I have a blog that I'm beginning to feel good about.  Now if I can figure out how to post links on it.  That one still has me blogbozzled.

Marlin

I think I may have posted this in the past.  I like to get seven foot steel

T-posts and place those about 20 feet apart in the row.  Lean the end posts

out from the row about 20-30 degrees and about 6 feet behind that put down

either a ground anchor or a broken off T-post driven deeply into the ground

at a 45 degree angle.  Stretch a high tensile wire along the tops of the

posts as high as you can get it. . . .

      Marlin Burkholder

Thought I'd plant pole beens this year to save my back.  Can some of you

recommend a simple way to build something for the beens to climb on?  Think

there'll be 4 rows about 250 ft. long.

TxBeeFarmer

West Texas Zone 7b