market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] More snow...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] More snow...
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:49:04 -0400

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 06:51:04 -0600, you wrote:

>As for the weather being weird right now, this is pretty normal. It has been
>cyclic for thousands of years. There have been worse dry spells, cold wet
>springs, wet years, hot summers, deep snows, years without snow, etc. "We"
>people just recently started keeping records (geologically speaking) but the
>trees have been tracking these cycles for years. You name it, and "this too
>shall pass."

Global warming - which is demonstrably true - is causing and
will increasingly cause more erratic weather: more storms,
more frequent storms, and the weather will be more erratic
in general.

Scientists, oil-company executives, and everyone in general
still argues about the CAUSE of global warming, but I do not
think that there is the slightest disagreement about the
FACT of global warming.

So - maybe it's cyclical (I don't believe it, I believe it's
man-influenced at the least, but maybe...)

In the really long terms, hundreds of years from now or
thousands of years from now, maybe it will swing back again.
Most of us, though, are worried about a shorter term than
that: the next 50 or 100 years at most.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit and edible
flower seeds for successful container growing.