market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re:seed starting & greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marcy" <marcy AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re:seed starting & greenhouse
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:46:00 -0600

But how about low temperatures once they might have started to germinate -
they'd been in the ground about 5 days when we had the power out and they
would have gotten cold that night.
Sounds like I had them covered okay - same as I usually do and they would
have had dark at night. Inside I've always used a sheet of plastic - saran
wrap type stuff to keep the soil moist, I wonder if that might have cooked
them?
I moved them in the house with their heat mat last Tuesday after the poly
blew apart and still not one tomato sprouted. All fresh seed this year.