market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Delicata in Saran Wrap for lunch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Delicata in Saran Wrap for lunch
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:46:13 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Saran wrap in heat just makes me nervous all around -- on the Food Network, you see chefs boiling or microwaving items in saran wrap all the time so that whatever they are doing "keeps its shape."

I keep a variety of Corningware baking dishes with lids under my microwave -- if you don't want to spend much for them, you can get a nice bunch at yard sales for almost nothing. Veggies steam nicely and you don't have to worry about plastic in your food.

If Bill lived closer, I'd give him my cute little oval dish (with lid) for his lunchtime squash! :-)

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of