market-farming - [Market-farming] Re:Delicata in Saran Wrap for lunch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re:Delicata in Saran Wrap for lunch
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:49:29 -0400

I went to a medicinal herb class a few years ago. When asked from the pulpit if anyone knew how to dry herbs, many of the attendees were proud to say that they dry really well in the microwave. I was pleased when the USDA instructor said 'Well, you can dry herbs for potpourri in the microwave, but if you want any nutritional value from your herbs, don't bring them near your microwave.'

It's fine with me if Bill does what he wants to do and I certainly understand that if you ever eat in a restaurant, you are eating microwaved foods, but, gosh darn, it hurts me to decry irradiation by the gummit and then practice it at home.

-Allan