market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: 20% Vinegar for weed control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Alan Whitaker" <awhitaker AT greenlynk.com>
  • To: <1corey AT bellsouth.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: 20% Vinegar for weed control
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 06:21:55 -0500

> My father had operated a sod farm for the last 20 years, Bermuda being one
of
> the grasses he grew, and I can tell you, that the only thing I have seen
kill
> it is something really strong like Roundup Pro - and a heavy dose, the
regular
> Roundup won't even touch it. If you want to eliminate it naturally, just
> about your only option is to dig it out, which is difficult as it has
quite
> and elaborate root system. That is the method I have been using. Good
luck!

I've tried Roundup Pro, Roundup and several other chemicals. The only thing
that I've found to really work is salt. I was cutting salt blocks and where
I left chunks,
the grass died and not returned. But I don't think I'll treat this field
with salt. I want to grow something<G>. I need somthing with a good
knockdown then I'll plow deep. I don't think there'll be any way to
erradicate the stuff, I'm after control. No more spread.

alan whitaker
Georgiana, AL