market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: 20% Vinegar for weed control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: 20% Vinegar for weed control
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 16:52:27 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 22 May 2004 tonitime AT juno.com wrote:

> I found
> nothing that would kill it organically when living out there.

Hmmmm -- this statement puzzles me a bit. I'm definitely not an expert on
these kinds of things, but my sense is that there *must* be something that
at least checks the growth of bermuda and other nasty "weeds". I'm
thinking in terms of the predator/prey relationship. Doesn't bermuda have
any naturally occuring enemies? Maybe even something that could be grown
to smother out and therefore eventually kill the bermuda?

I don't see the elimination of such a weed as bermuda as having a "quick
fix" that won't involve some kind of nasty poison (like Roundup). Rather,
I'd see a slow elimination of this fella through natural means.

Does any of that make sense??? As I said, I have no experience in this
area -- I'm just thinking out loud.

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce