market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: 20% Vinegar for weed control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: 20% Vinegar for weed control
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 06:45:09 -0500

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 06:21:55AM -0500, Alan Whitaker wrote:
> I've tried Roundup Pro, Roundup and several other chemicals. The only thing

I've been fighting both common and Coastal bermuda for many years with
very little success. I spray RoundUp at 3/4-1% for most vegetation; 2%
has very little effect on bermuda. I haven't tried 4%-10% yet because
I have relatively small and isolated patches of bermuda in fields that
I spray completely; I probably should try some spot spraying. "Normal"
concentrations of Poast has similar lack of effect.

A few years ago, I did remove a patch of a few hundred square feet by
repeatedly hand pulling plow loosened sprigs. That, however, is not a
cost effective solution.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html