market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:59:00 -0700 (PDT)

DreamThymeFarm wrote:

> My husband works 1 hour away and I am the farmer here. We farm 75 acres.
> If you don't have a good community, start one. We did. There is a group of
> us who not only started a farmers' market, we have expanded to start 3
> more. We started a church, a community volunteer/outreach program and it

This is exactly right!

The revival of the rural U.S. will only come about through the actions
of those who live there.

People have to do it themselves. It's not the job of the government
or your county agricultural officer. Lead. Don't worry about following.

If you want a vibrant community, make your community vibrant.
Don't wait for someone else to do it because chances are no
one else will.

Action is the key.

At least it's always seemed that way to me.

Jay