market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cell phones and things related
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:36:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Pat Meadows wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:57:45 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:
>

> >This certainly isn't what I'd call ideal, but it does solve the problem.
> >

> It doesn't though, Matt. Learning a way to cope with
> something doesn't 'solve the problem'.

Very true, Pat. I failed to mention that this needs to be a two-tiered
approach. First, if you don't wanna buy things at Walmart, figure out a
way to buy them somewhere else. Second, figure out a way to either find a
local "mom and pop" store, or create one, and then put all (or at least
quite a bit) of your dollars there.

Nothing about this is easy or simple, but it's certainly possible if
people are dedicated enough. I actually feel sorta silly just talking
about this, though. There might be a huge gap between the theory and the
practice. Regardless, it's something interesting to consider.

Thanks for keeping me thinking, Pat. :)

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce