market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] LLC

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] LLC
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:19:19 -0500

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:54:13 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Joan,
>
>Thanks for replying. I didn't realize LLC was company instead of
>corporation. I have an appointment with the soap lady who is an
>attorney to do the paperwork. I am wondering if I shouldn't get someone
>local though. One attorney I asked about doing an LLC a few years back
>told me he didn't know anything about it. Now his office, says LLC
>behind his name. I understand it's better than a corporation and better
>than sole proprietorship. We'll see.

LLC = Limited Liability Company. You can read about the
different legal structures for small business at the URL
below.

Maybe you'd like to know a little more about it *before* you
see the lawyer, so you know generally what questions to ask.
I think that would be helpful.

http://tinyurl.com/z7s8

In case that doesn't work (although it should) the full URL
is:

http://www.nolopress.com/lawcenter/index.cfm/catID/19B45DBF-E85F-4A3D-950E3E07E32851A7/subcatid/5DE04E60-45BB-4108-8D757E247F35B8AB

Cheers,
Pat