market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] ABC special on obesity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] ABC special on obesity
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:44:26 -0600

We watched it. One of the sound bites we found interesting was about
feeding grain to beef animals - that it wasn't their natural diet, so when
fed this way, they also need to be fed antibiotics to keep them alive.
WOW!! On TV?! Yeah, we know this, but the average citizen doesn't. Go
grass finished beef!!! Oh well, just finished selling beef for this season,
but maybe it'll help sales next year!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm