market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] LLC

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Joan Vibert" <joanvibert AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] LLC
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:54:13 -0600

Hi Joan,

Thanks for replying. I didn't realize LLC was company instead of
corporation. I have an appointment with the soap lady who is an
attorney to do the paperwork. I am wondering if I shouldn't get someone
local though. One attorney I asked about doing an LLC a few years back
told me he didn't know anything about it. Now his office, says LLC
behind his name. I understand it's better than a corporation and better
than sole proprietorship. We'll see.

The guy is coming next week to start on my basement. I am very excited
about having a certified kitchen again. It will be more than 1/4 of our
basement. He says he thinks it will take a week.

I did a catering job Friday night and enjoyed it. Haven't done that
since the bakery closed. I hope it brings in more business. It's hard
to do in my small kitchen. The only glitch was when we discovered we
didn't have the coffee pot cord. I have to call LaFayette and see if
they can find our cord to the coffee pot. Well, and the van's battery
was run down and we had a flat tire. Arrgghhh!

I've been giving all the wreaths and suckers away. Our sales at the
school were pathetic - what a waste! - don't expect to ever do that
again.

We have lots of snow on the ground and it's beautiful! The Pyrenees
dogs are loving it. I'm glad I don't have to go anyplace any time soon.

Thanks for the information.

Marie