market-farming - [Market-farming] ABC special on obesity

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] ABC special on obesity
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:45:47 EST

While I was unable to watch the special on ABC, I just finished reading the text. Very interesting. I would like to see a further breakdown of just where our farm subsidies are going. The money is sure not coming in this direction. Now here is the fact that I found the most interesting:

"If Americans were to follow a healthy diet, the Department of Agriculture says that nearly twice the number of acres of fruit and vegetables would have to be planted."

Bring it on! Lets educate consumers to ways of eating healthier and in the mean time they can come help me with those extra acres and shed a few pounds. Hmmmmm.....I guess in  a perfect world.

I recently wrote an article for a new Natural Living Magazine that is coming out in Cheyenne (times they are a changing) and I think that it might be of interest to folks here. It is titled "Where Does Your Food Come From? I am not sure of the best way to post it thought as it is rather lengthy to put into a post. Please advise.

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

www.IdleThymeFarm.com

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker saying