market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] LLC

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] LLC
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:13:33 -0500

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:19:53 -0600, you wrote:

>Would anyone care to tell me their experiences with this ie pros and
>cons, tax savings if any, is there more paperwork?, insurance
>ramifications, etc. Is an attorney the one to help, or should I also
>consult an accountant?

In my experience (not an LLC, but two corporations),
accountants know an awful lot more about taxes than
attorneys.

I'd consult first the attorney to ask what form of business
provides the best protection for you, and then an accountant
to advise you what records to keep, how to set things up so
your taxes can be done easily, etc.

In other words, I'd consult both. :)

Pat