market-farming - [Market-farming] LLC

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] LLC
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:19:53 -0600

Regards to the list:

Has anyone here turned their farming operation into an LLC (limited
liability corporation). We are seriously considering doing this and
have a date set to consult an attorney to discuss it.

Would anyone care to tell me their experiences with this ie pros and
cons, tax savings if any, is there more paperwork?, insurance
ramifications, etc. Is an attorney the one to help, or should I also
consult an accountant?

We are building a commercial kitchen to produce baked goods, canned
foods
and catering for both on and off farm sales in addition to our current
CSA and market sales. We want to protect ourselves in this
lawsuit-happy era but is this the best way???

Thanks.

Marie in Missouri