market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' market marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers' market marketing
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:18:51 -0500

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:20:18 -0600, you wrote:

>We are already at work on the new season for our market and I was wondering
>if any of your markets have put together informative handouts for customers
>that address issues like: buying local produce; prices; organics;
>seasonality; etc. I know I could write this up but thought if anyone has
>already done some of the work it might benefit lots of us.

There's a good writeup at the URL below. You might want to
use all or part of it.

http://www.uvm.edu/vtvegandberry/factsheets/buylocal.html

And a similar one (maybe the same, I've not compared them
line by line):

http://www.livinggreenexpo.org/localfoods.htm

And yet another:

http://www.localharvest.org/buylocal.jsp