market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Asian marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Sando" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Asian marketing
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 15:43:51 -0700

> But, being the hillbilly that I am, I know almost
> nothing about what specialty produce might appeal to
> these shoppers.

There's no right or wrong in all of this but the above statement would give
me pause before going down this new road. Everytime I've had sucess (in many
aspects, not just market farming), it's learning how to market something I
love. Chasing a trend, for me, has proven very dangerous. More than browsing
catalogues, I'd spend a serious season or two with these shoppers and really
learn their culture, not just the vegetables they need.

This may not be true for everyone but it is for me.

Steve
www.ranchogordo.com