market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Asian marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Asian marketing
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:48:27 -0400

> What crops
> should I be looking at?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>

> =====
Kevin,

Earlier this summer we had some pots of Thai Basil that we were not able to
move at the Farmers Market. Mary decided to give them to the local Thai
restaurant in our small town. The owner looked at the plants with nostalgia
and insisted we take a $25 gift certificate for the 5 pots of Basil.
Try Thai or Asian Basil. It might also be a good idea to take the Evergreen
Catalog to the market and ask some of the people what they would like you to
grow for them. We grew hot peppers for Indian and Pakistani friends this
way. We also grew some bitter melons and greens for a Chinese restaurant we
took a catalog to. I hope this proves helpful to you.

Joe