market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Asian marketing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Asian marketing
  • Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:29:38 -0400

>. If I had to guess, I would say that
>these are likely to be Korean and Vietnamese women,
>since this market is close to Fort Knox and there are
>a lot of retired military in the area. What crops
>should I be looking at?

PS - see my prior post.

I think the Asian veggies are - on the whole - a lot of fun
to grow, cook, and eat - I hope you'll enjoy a 'voyage of
discovery' as I have. It's terrific to have new, different
things to grow. And they're mostly FAST. Quick results.

I can't help with marketing, as I've not yet tried to sell
them (but I will next year), but I'd suggest that you
actually ask the Asian people you see shopping at your
market what they'd like to buy from you next year. Tell
them you'd like to grow Asian veggies, but don't know much
about it.

Get them to write down names of veggies they'd like to
purchase, in English if possible....

I think most people are happy to talk about their country's
foods and they'd probably be very pleased that you are
interested enough to ask.

Pat