market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Critters...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue_Baird AT mail.mda.state.mo.us
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Critters...
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:41:42 -0500

I even have them eating the tops out of my onions where all the rain has
washed down some of the dirt. (Still haven't got all the rain-damage
problems) corrected and that's one of them.)
Sue Baird
Organic Program
MO Department of Agriculture
PO Box 630
Jefferson City, MO 65102
573-751-2148

"Courtney McLeod"

<cmcleod AT imscompany.com> To: "Market
Farming"
Sent by:
<market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
market-farming-bounces@lists. cc:

ibiblio.org Subject:
[Market-farming] Critters...

06/23/03 10:54 AM

Please respond to Market

Farming

I make a spray out of habanero peppers and water. Boil the habaneros in
a big kettle, cool, strain it and spray the plants. The rabbits take
one bite and do flip flops and never come back. You'll need to re-spray
after a rain. Also, a .22 with a scope works good too.

Marie in Missouri

Hi Marie!!!

Thanks so much for that info! I didn't grow any habaneros this year but
I have a boat load of cayenne's and jalapeno's that will maybe do the
same kind of job. I am going to try it as soon as those little puppies
ripen. I also like the .22 idea as it will give me some target
practice!! We have so many rabbits this year I could open up a rabbit
farm if I could only catch them! Anyone need any rabbits?!?!?!
Although I am kind of partial to the domestic white one that lives here
now! It's different!

Courtney
Herb Thyme