market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Maggie" <snowbird AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Question
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:24:19 -0400

Since farming is planting and it sounds like you have done that before why dont you try some simple focus, like salad greens or lots of variety of peppers.   I have found that farming needs to be the love of your life and not a means to an end.  The rewards are in the nuturing and growing, not neccessarily the profit.  Take a chance on yourself and start small with an acre or so.  I talked at market last week to someoen who started with day lillies three years ago and she now has about 300 varieties some of which sell for $100 a bulb.  She choose to stay with one thing and do it well.  Good luck and dont give up your dream.