market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming -lavender

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Maggie" <snowbird AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming -lavender
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:18:37 -0400

how much do you need
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 2:21 PM
Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming -lavender

In a message dated 6/17/03 11:04:50 AM US Eastern Standard Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

Help! I am 6 weeks away from herb harvests here and I desperately need
lavender and chamomile flowers for my healing salve. Does anyone know who might have
some available? I could start with even just a few pounds of each.

Shelly
Have you tried Jim Long of Long Creek Farm - he usually has plenty of lavender.  I used to use Frontier but since their minimum has increased it is rarely worth my while.  For somewhere nearer to home, try the Herbal green Pages which is put out by the Herb Growing and Marketing Network.  It used to be at  Herbworld.com but that may have changed.
Hope this help you
Katy

Living just one cornfield away from civilization