market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] shipping perishable product

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] shipping perishable product
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:58:22 -0500

We ship meat within the 48 states. Here is our shipping policy.
http://www.americanpasturage.com/ship.htm

There are shortcuts used by the large mail order meat suppliers, but their
methods do not comply with the ICC rules. I have been told by shippers that
they lie about the quantity of dry ice and take the risk of shipping in a
bare Styrofoam container which can be more easily punctured than one with
the cardboard outer box.

We tried the shopping cart and sales fell off. People want personal contact
with the producer and 99% of our orders result in at least one phone
conversation. We do our own packing and shipping. That way we know it is
done correctly.

Rick