market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Watering Lettuce Beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Watering Lettuce Beds
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:17:15 -0400

> However, the most recent seeding appears to be gettin about 30percent
germination. That's not good, I'm afraid! ;-)

Lettuce doesn't like hot weather. We grow mesclun under shade in the
summer.

Well, it's -definitely not too hot here! This is proabably a problem with the seed I'm using.

What is your rule of thumb for when you apply the shade cloth. I have shade for the hoop house,also, but have not applied it since the sun has been rare for the past 6wks... When do YOU know it's time to put the shade on? Thanks-Allan