market-farming - [Market-farming] rock harvest!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul A. Bock" <bockpa AT plesh.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] rock harvest!
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:50:43 -0400

"Here at Limerock Orchards, we are having a banner year
harvesting.................
ROCKS!
And this year's weed crop is also doing very well."

I bet my rocks are bigger! I was out goofing around with my backhoe and I
found a couple spots where you see an exposed rock about 8" in diameter.
you touch it with the hoe and a couple minutes later you have a rock about 3
feet long and 2 feet in diameter. Only found three of these guys in 15
acres... so far... Gives meaning to the term "glacial till"

granite ball bearings for the glaciers.

The saving grace to this is that I can dig to the limit of my backhoe at 13'
and not hit bedrock. <snicker, snicker>No, I am not tilling to this depth,
just experimenting before I figure out how to lay drainage tile.