market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice/nothing to harvest

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <JayGee AT jghelp.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice/nothing to harvest
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 12:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if this is brilliant, but it might defuse thoughts
of "why did I get into this" on the part of new CSA members
picking up their first share.

Print your own greeting cards for all your members.

Go to http://spaceweather.com and collect a large
image of the Sun for use on the cover. No text.

Inside, use the greeting line, "Pray for Sun!"

Then, if the solar image you grabbed has big
sun spots on it, the follow up line,

"Some people blame the rains on sun spots,
be we know it's really agribusiness..."

Then write a short, handwritten note appealing for
forbearance and asking folks to do a "sun dance"
when they have time.

Sometimes, having a sense of humor about these
things makes them easier to take.

HTH

Jay Gee