market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Advice/nothing to harvest

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marlin Burkholder" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Advice/nothing to harvest
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:10:22 -0700

> Or, perhaps you could invite them to a "stone soup" pot luck

I've been thinking for a long time of sneaking about ten lbs of rocks (we
have an abundance here) into the share boxes during one of the early weeks
of the season when most of the contents are fluffy stuff. I can imagine
myself sitting at the pickup site with an idiot (smug) grin on my face as my
members pick up their boxes with their comments "Oh the boxes are heavy this
week!" Only trouble is I can't get my wife to go along with the idea. :>)

Marlin Burkholder
Glen Eco Farm CSA
Singers Glen, VA