market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Rabbits...Limerock Ruby Coreopsis...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Rabbits...Limerock Ruby Coreopsis...
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:43:58 -0400

We grew Limerock Ruby Coreopsis from plugs we purchased from Yoder Brothers,after being informed they were hardy to Zone 5. Beautiful plants, we sold and planted many of them. None came back this year in my garden nor my customers. Called Yoder Bros. and was informed that the testing for LRC was done in a mild winter and this year they were discovered not to be hardy. Of course there was not offer of compensation. I will have to make a lot of refunds of plants I sold at eight dollars in their full glory,