market-farming - [Market-farming] Perilla

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Perilla
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 20:17:45 -0400

Pat wrote:

I couldn't get the red-leaved perilla seeds to germinate
although I tried several times.

Once you have it, you'll never get rid of it! One of my gardeners grew red-leaved perilla about 3 years ago and we now have it germinating all over the garden. None of us can manage to eat it, but at least the bees love it.

Nice to know that the PA winter is worth something! ;-)

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of