market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] charging what the market will bear
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:23:21 -0600

Rick W. said:

<Lets face it, most people who sell at farmer's markets do it primarily for
the enjoyment of doing it, not for the money. That doesn't mean they don't
do it at all for the money, but you have to like doing it. It would not be
possible to define a hobbyist at our market since you have such a wide
spectrum of sellers. The concept of a hobbyist is more in the mind of the
individual, and I would not want anyone else to judge such a thing.>

You must have a country club market. The market vendors in Missouri are
farmers and do it for the money.

Rick H.