market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Leigh is getting Upset. Head for the hills!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Leigh is getting Upset. Head for the hills!
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:35:47 -0500

It seems to be a Naderian anti business anti government anti irradiation
anti Pinto self referencing incestuous web site. No insult intended but it's
a consumer protectionist alarmist website with lefty/libertarian leanings.

She seems to be a talented writer. Any moderate stuff? I'd be interested in
perusing it./mailman/listinfo/market-farming

She was also the foremost advocate against electricity deregulation, especially in California. And guess what, she was right. And she predicted exactly what would happen as far back as 96 when she was at Union of Concerned Scientist and then at Citizen Action. And she worked hard and long hours fighting Enron and the California Utilities as they saw a way of picking the consumers' pockets and raiding the public treasury.

Actually, she personally had nothing to do with the car safety movement, but I'm sure glad Ralph and Joan did, my son had a head on collision this winter and instead of the engine coming to rest on his lap like it would have in the 'good old days' the front in folded, breaking the inpact and saving his life. I believe those particular regulatory changes were forced on the auto industry when the current president of Public Citizen, Joan Claybrook, was secretary of transportation. (and Joan would not consider herself a lefty - liberal, maybe.

I think the term is 'good government'.

Libertarian? Marc, even you should know better, Libertarians, at least the sort that is practiced in DC, don't want regulation. 'Let the multinationals run free' is their mantra. Look at the 'libertarian think tank' Cato Institute's webpage. I don't know the url but I'm sure it is easy to find. They occasionally call Wenonah nasty names.

And I personally can go on and on about food irradiation and how the moving force behind it is to move agriculture overseas (longer shelf life) and to basically put American farmers out of business. But I'll stop there.

If you want to read some good non political writing go to my webpage and look under newsletters. I think I left a well written Vietnam short story up there. Title is Revenge, or something like that.
--