market-farming - Re: bale unroller and rhubarb

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jacklyn schillinger <jmmps AT rocketmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bale unroller and rhubarb
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:58:43 -0800 (PST)

I do my whole garden with hay mulch. The secret
is, not unflaking it. The thick flakes will not
allow any seeds to grow or weeds to come up thru.
This is called The Ruth Stout No-Work Garden. It
works really wonderful. You never have to till or
plow it and you never have to use any
insecticides or fertilize. You can buy the book
at half.com. Its cheap. When you plant your
garden, you simply move the mulch back away and
plant your seeds. Once the seeds start to come up
you move the mulch back around the plants again.
Works great!
Jackie
ST. Joseph the Worker Farm
NW Pa.