market-farming - Re: farm website survey

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: farm website survey
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:10:20 -0600

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 01:03:35PM -0500, Liz Pike wrote:
> For those of you with websites:
> How long has your site been online?

Several years, 3+.

> Can you attribute new customers directly to the site?

Few, but some. I know of one last season.

> How do you utilize the site?

I many times direct people that phone to the website, especially for
routing.

> What changes would you make now if you could redesign it?

I would like it to be a LITTLE fancier, but I am pleased with the
simplicity and fast loading.

It seems the maillists/newsletters we run from the host are far more
valuable than the website.

http://austinfarm.org

Incidentally, I am working on a "Farmers Guide to WIC" that I would
appreciate comment on: http://austinfarm.org/wic.html
This, for Texas where the Texas Health Department handles the WIC
program for the Feds.

--
Willie from one of the largest single-user all-Linux networks in Dale.
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html