market-farming - Re: drip tape pick-up and storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: drip tape pick-up and storage
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:49:38 -0500

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:47:34PM -0500, Marie Kamphefner wrote:
> Regards to the list:
>
> Phil, what causes the damage to the tape? I thought drip tape would
> last 3 or 4 years. We are planning to install drip tape next spring.

I build beds on my drip tape and TRY to use it about two years. With
limited success. Primary damage is from insects, but rodents also chew
it up. Also tractor blight can be troublesome. After we give up on a
field, we pull up the tape, recover the repair couplings and burn it.
It is best to put it on a pile of brush to burn, since it has a tendency
to puddle up below the fire.

I've tried lighter gauges, but I've settled on 15 mil. T-Tape or
similar.

--
Willie Onward! Through the fog!
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html